UVCA Fall Convention Highlights
UVCA Fall Convention Highlights
Spring 2021 Convention in Virginia Beach: A Few Highlights
- 150 doctors, 41 CAs, 24 rad techs and 20 supporting suppliers contributed to greatly-missed camaraderie. Be sure to check out the exhibitors who added to the weekend’s value and fun. [Exhibitor Directory]
- The biggest complaint by all was the hotel.
- No one could have predicted that a pandemic would cause renovations to be postponed for over a year and a half, nor that there would be such staff shortages in every department of the hotel, from maintenance to check-in to the kitchens.
- Fortunately, the view from the Palladian windows made the issues more palatable. Who doesn’t love watching dolphins passing by and dogs playing in the surf? (And super low hotel room rates also helped.)
- However, the UVCA will not consider using this property again until renovations have been completed.
- The greatest praise went to the speakers.
- Literally every speaker and class received a high percentage of “Very Satisfied” reviews!
- While it’s difficult to rank them because they all received positive reviews, two sessions emerged as definite stand-outs: Dr. David Fletcher’s keynote presentation, “33 Reasons Why Chiropractic is so Relevant Today” and Dr. Christine Foss’s class on “Humans in Motion: Factors of Age in the Diagnosis & Assessment of the Athlete.”
- A HUGE thanks to the following speaker sponsors:
- CHelpDesk (Ms. Brandy Brimhall),
- Chiropractic Leadership Alliance or CLA (Dr. David Fletcher),
- Clinical Compass (Dr. Louis Crivelli),
- Foot Levelers (Dr. Christine Foss),
- Gold Star Medical Business Services (Ms. Lisa Maciejewski-West),
- HF Hill & Associates, Inc. (Dr. Christopher Proulx),
- NCMIC Insurance Company (Dr. Kevin Sharp), and
- SIDECAR (Dr. Nathan Unruh).
- Dr. Chris Perron was named Chiropractor of the Year and recognized at the Saturday night awards dinner party, complete with a roast by outgoing board secretary Dr. Will Sonak.
- The convention welcomed new leadership.
- New officers were elected: Dr. Michelle Rose (President), Dr. Bob Pinto (VP), Dr. Taylor Myers (Treasurer), and Dr. Carly Swift (Secretary).
- Dr. Christine Fallwell was appointed director of district 5 to fill the vacancy left by Dr. Pinto’s ascension to VP.
- In addition to announcing the Chiropractor of the Year, the Saturday night awards dinner also featured a prize and 50/50 cash raffle to benefit the Legal/Legislative Fund, along with a UVCA version of “Family Feud.” The annual prize and 50/50 cash raffle to benefit the UVCA Legal/Legislative Fund raised $1697! Thanks to over 20 exhibitors, doctors and CAs, there was a wide range of products, gift items, and gift cards to create excitement – and incentivize attendees to purchase tickets. A big thanks to Ms. Susette Goodwin of The Cox Clinic for managing and running the raffle.
- Doctors voiced the necessity to support the Virginia Chiropractic Political Action Committee (VCPAC) and encouraged their colleagues to join with them in support. A big thanks to supporters who either donated for the first time OR adjusted their donation to recurring, including but not limited to:
- Dr. Alicia Haupt
- Dr. Robert Ioven
- Dr. Wendy Jacobs
- Dr. Bob Leib
- Dr. Lawrence Svihla
- Mrs. Ruth Waddell
- Ms. Brittany Watts
Watch for the Fall issue of The Virginia Voice newsletter, which will feature convention photos thanks to the talents of Dr. Nelson Marquina of Laser Biotech International!
Help us to make future conventions, such as our [Spring 2022 Convention] at The Omni Homestead, better than ever! If you attended the convention and have not yet replied to the attendee survey, please click on the appropriate link below and reply now.
For additional convention information, feel free to contact the UVCA office or me.
Julie K Connolly, FICC
Media Contact : Julie K Connolly, FICC Executive Director